Does your design system project need a jumpstart? Our best customers have a graveyard of design system attempts that just haven't quite caught on. They’re ready to bring in some outside help to gain traction. Sound familiar? We’d love to chat. If you don’t have a need right now but want to brainstorm about ways we’ve seen design systems help, we’re always game for a conversation.
Projects we’d love to help
- Product creation through pilots and component libraries. Are you creating apps, sites, and other digital products? If you want to do it with greater efficiency and consistency, that’s our sweet spot.
- Design system creation, implementation, maintenance, and governance. Is your organization ready to use a design system like a real product? We’ll help you with the initial setup, implement it in real products, and create a program to help you sustain it.
- Design language creation. Are you looking to take your aesthetic to the next level? We’ll help you elevate your design language and standardize it across your organization.
- Brand and identity systems. Bring us in to create or extend your organization’s visual identity in a consistent and impactful way.
Reasons not to work with us
- You’re shopping around for the lowest price. We don’t compete on price. We don’t subscribe to market rates; heck, we don’t even have rates. We find a price that’s right for both you and us. We’ll only take on work if we’re convinced that your initial investment will be worthwhile—and confident that it will make you more money than you’ll spend.
- Your company has some pretty rigid contractual terms that are difficult to change. We think relationships should be mutually beneficial. If your legal team is infamous for being sticklers, that often rubs us the wrong way. We’re pretty flexible about terms, but we’ve also walked away over one clause. That’s not to brag; it’s just that we want the terms to be accommodating enough that both of us feel excited about working together. For an example of the type of relationship environment we strive for, feel free to peruse our boilerplate Service Agreement.
- You need a local team. SuperFriendly project teams are inherently distributed, so it’s not unusual for a project to have team members spread across locations and time zones. All SuperFriends know how to work well as a distributed team. When we put together your team, we aim for the best fit for you and your project, rather than the geographically closest fit. That said, the distributed working style isn’t for everyone, so we’d be happy to point you toward some trusted folks who may be closer to you.
- You “just need it built.” If you have it all worked out already, we probably can’t add much value for you. We love helping our customers work through problems they can’t solve on their own.
Still with us?
Then you’re precisely the person we’d love to hear from. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what’s on your mind.
If you’re having trouble starting, here’s the kind of email that gets us all giddy (feel free to copy this as a starting point and modify at your leisure):
My name is [Lindsay Fünke], and I’m a product manager at [Nike]. I’d love to hire you to help us with a design system project.
We’ve been tossing around the idea of [making/evolving] a design system so we can [make our ecommerce site and native mobile apps more consistent]. When I asked around, my friend [Bob Loblaw] recommended I get in touch with you.
We’d like to launch it by [the end of the year] in order to [coincide with the public launch of our rebrand]; let us know if you think that’s reasonable. We’re looking to partner with a team that [can take this all the way from conception to launch]. You’d be working directly with me and two developers on my team, so we could move pretty quickly. We’d like to keep the price to about [$200k, though we could probably go up to $250k if you could make a good case as to why we’d need the extra].
Full disclosure: I’m talking to 2 other agencies about this work: [Blendin Design] and [Sitwell Enterprises].
I’m happy to provide any other detail you need. If you’re interested, let’s set up a time to chat. How does next week look for you?
If you write emails like that, you’re already our favorite. We can’t wait to hear from you.